The coordinator and Assistant is an integral part of the financial reporting team. The successful candidate will fulfill many aspects of the department’s activities, providing administrative assistance to the Accounting Department, President and staff of the company. The varied responsibilities will include, prepare and maintain financial and business transactions, apply accounting principles that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice. Specific duties include; Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Reception duties, E-filing and Filing, Customer Service and general troubleshooting. He/she must ensure the confidentiality (as necessary) of files, and follow company procedures on retention and destruction.
The successful candidate will also perform data entry into excel, responds to customer inquiries and provides customer updates. This individual must demonstrate strong organization and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple demands and stringent deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. or equivalent.
- College/University degree in Accounting, Business, Office Administration or Finance is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an office setting.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent data entry skills, strong mathematical skills and good financial and business awareness
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and put “[Your Name] – Accounting Coordinator | Office Assistant Application” as the subject line of the email. In lieu of a cover letter, please respond to the following questions in the body of your email:
- Give us a two or three sentence summary about your academic and/or professional background.
- When was the last time you did a pivot table and what is the most useful pivot chart you have seen that depicts relevant kpi’s for accounting reporting
- Tell us about a specific accomplishment from your background that explains how you fit with our candidate description above.
- Tell us about a special project you worked on and what your biggest accomplishment was.
We are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. We will be evaluating applications as they are submitted. We will consider applicants interested in part-time and temporary employment for this role. Please do not submit anything other than your resume and answers to the questions above. There is no word limit but we’d prefer that you limit your answers to one page.
Applications for these roles should be submitted to email@example.com. Thank you to all applicants for your consideration, candidates that are selected will be contacted for an interview.