We are developing a team of highly trained experts to work on rotating electrical assemblies. The Parts Advisor performs a combination of duties to obtain parts and supplies for automotive and mechanical equipment. The role requires knowledge about parts and the use of the parts catalogs. The emphasis of this job is to service all customers in a pleasant, professional, & enthusiastic manner.
This role may include determining the root failures of complex rotating electrical assemblies and components and working with engineers and technicians to identify failure modes, implement corrective/preventive actions, help develop new repair/rebuild instructions, and working to hand-written and verbal instructions when necessary. The ability to use hand tools and computer systems and databases to analyse and assess repair/rebuild of product and subassemblies is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Working knowledge of automotive, industrial and commercial electrical equipment, parts and solutions
- Working knowledge of high voltage battery systems, or basic electronics and electrical systems.
- Must have knowledge of DC/AC rotating electrical commercial and automotive systems and components
- Current knowledge of local sources of supply.
- Knowledge of techniques for receiving, storing, and issuing parts and supplies.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports using a computerized equipment maintenance system.
- Ability to communicate professionally with others and to assimilate and understand information,
- Previous work experience in an assembly environment is considered an asset
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience working with industrial equipment and vintage vehicles are also a definite asset
- General computer proficiency; working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word is required
There is no deadline to apply, however we will be evaluating applications as they are submitted. We will consider applicants interested in part-time or full time employment for this role.
Applications for these roles should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all applicants for your consideration, candidates that are selected will be contacted for an interview.