Art’s Auto Electric (AAE) is a rebuilder and remanufacturer of industrial, commercial and automotive DC/AC rotating electrical units and components – whether material handling, construction or agricultural equipment or vintage vehicles and industrial applications. We are currently looking for a qualified Electrical Motor Systems Repair Technician to join our growing team.
As a technician you are expected to understand the complicated working parts of a vehicle’s electrical system, including the ignition, engine, chassis and accessories of today’s gasoline, ethanol or alternative-fuel autos and light trucks. The Technician will be responsible for the dis-assembly, inspection and assembly of major components on various applications in order to investigate and resolve reported technical problems with equipment and assists with service-related issues for our clients. This role will report to the Team Supervisor.
- Reconditioning and remanufacturing of major components and field service repair.
- Inspection and measuring of parts for reusability.
- Ensure components, material and/or equipment is inspected, is corrected to specifications and ensure timely delivery programs are achieved.
- Perform complex and precise electro-mechanical debug/repair/remanufacture.
- Work from complex and detailed manufacturing documentation and/or verbal and written instructions.
- Work with, and help develop specialized fixtures, test equipment, and procedures.
- Collect data; update and maintain electronic and written records.
- Maintain and care for tools and equipment.
- Document all technical data and up-to-date status reports of all assigned jobs including maintaining accurate working records for labour and time sheets, and write detailed inspection reports.
- Maintain inventory integrity and repair history through diligent record keeping and adherence to process.
- New and used equipment preparation, PM of machines and equipment as required
- Other duties as requested and required.
Knowledge, Skill, Experience
- High school diploma or degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in assembly and repair of electro-mechanical components or electric motors.
- Working knowledge of high voltage battery systems, or basic electronics and electrical systems.
- Proficient with hand tools and computer-based tools, including precision measuring equipment, electrical test equipment, and computer databases.
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams, and mechanical drawings.
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must have knowledge of DC/AC rotating electrical commercial and automotive systems and components
- Previous work experience in an assembly environment is considered an asset
- Previous experience working with industrial equipment and vintage vehicles are also a definite asset
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to build and maintain positive client relationships
- General computer proficiency (Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word required)
- Demonstrated commitment to and ability to maintain Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S ) standards
- Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing for long periods.
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract
Roles include: part-time and full time so let us know your availability and timing for a potential start. Length of role depends on candidates that we hire. there will be short term roles and roles that may be longer term for the right candidate.
Applications for these roles should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all applicants for your consideration, candidates that are selected will be contacted for an interview.